CONSULTATION ON ADMISSION ARRANGEMENTS FOR OUR LADY OF LOURDES CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL FOR 2023-24 ACADEMIC YEAR
Notice is hereby given in accordance with legislation that the governing body as the admission authority for Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School is formally consulting on its proposed admission arrangements and admission criteria for the school year 2023-24.
As an admission authority, we must consult with the following:
- Parents of children between the ages of two and eighteen.
- Other persons in the relevant area who in the opinion of the admission authority have an interest in the proposed admissions. We consider this to be the other Primary Schools within the Deans Partnership.
- All other admission authorities within the relevant area.
- Whichever of the governing body and the local authority is not the admission authority, ie Brighton and Hove City Council.
- Any adjoining neighbouring local authorities where the admission authority is the local authority, ie East Sussex County Council.
- The Diocese of Arundel and Brighton Catholic Education Service.
The consultation will begin on 1 December 2021, with the closing date for submitting comments being midnight 21 January 2022.
We propose the following amendments:
- Previous category 12 (any other children) to become category 13.
- New category 12 to be: “Children of a permanent member of staff that has been employed at the school for at least two years at the time of application (see note m.) and are not eligible to be ranked in any higher category.”
- “Note m” to read: “Children of staff are defined as the children of those who are employed directly by the school in any capacity, on a permanent contract for two or more years, whether full or part time. For normal round applications, the date that will be used to assess this will be the closing date for applications (i.e.15 January 2023). For in-year applications, the date that will be used will be the date the application is made. Children of Staff are defined as those for whom the member of staff has legal responsibility whether they are biological children, step children, adopted or fostered children. Applicants under this criterion will need to complete the appropriate section on the Supplementary Information Form (SIF) that applies to them
- The SIF to include a section to be completed by applicants applying under the “children of staff” criterion.
The proposed arrangements can be viewed below.
Comments on the proposed admission arrangements should be sent to [email protected] or by post to Joanne Dow at the above school address by the closing date (latest midnight 21 January 2022).
The governing body is required to consult concerning proposed changes to their Admission arrangements and Supplementary Information Form and is now required to invite comments from above groups. The governing body has published its proposals for 2023-24 and is seeking views on changes to the admissions criteria and Supplementary Information Form.
Mel Fane – Chair of Governors
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School
Date 1 December 2021