Welcome from Miss Turner
"Teachers provide opportunities for pupils to present their work in interesting ways that encourage creativity and motivate pupils."
We do PE on Mondays & Wednesdays. Please ensure your child does not wear earrings or that these are taped and comes to school in their PE kit.
Although homework at Primary School is not compulsory, we believe that it is an important part of a child’s school life.
- It provides great opportunities for them to learn independently.
- It allows children to take responsibility for their learning; setting time aside and being organised – a valuable tool when moving through Key Stage 2 and onto secondary school.
- Reinforces and consolidates classroom learning.
- Provides opportunities for parents and children to enjoy learning together.
- Inspires children to want to extend their learning.
Children will be set the following homework:
- MyMaths once a week
- Timetables Rockstars
- Y3 statutory spellings
- Reading logs
Further Guidance on Homework
Homework should never cause unnecessary stress or anxiety for the child or parent. Please let the class teacher know if you feel this is the case. We recommend that children in Yr 3 and 4 do not spend longer than 30 – 40 minutes in any one homework session.
Please encourage your child to take pride in the good presentation of their homework.
Quick Homework Links
Oak National Academy – an online classroom, backed by the Government, offering free access to videos, lessons, quizzes and worksheets.