Welcome from Mrs Nicholson
'Great school, brilliant teachers, our children love it and so do we!'
We do PE on Wednesdays and Fridays. Please make sure your child attends in their PE kit and is not wearing earrings. Thank you!
Although homework at Primary School is not compulsory, we believe that it is an important part of a child’s school life.
- It provides great opportunities for them to learn independently.
- It allows children to take responsibility for their learning; setting time aside and being organised – a valuable tool when moving through Years 6 and onto secondary school.
- Reinforce and consolidate classroom learning.
- Provide opportunities for parents and children to enjoy learning together.
- Inspire children to want to extend their learning.
Children will be set the following homework:
- 3 x readtheory quizzes a week
- 20 minutes daily reading for pleasure at least 5 times a week
- 1 MyMaths activity to consolidate learning in class
- 30 minutes of TT Rockstars during the week
Further Guidance on Homework
Homework should never cause unnecessary stress or anxiety for the child or parent. Please let the class teacher know if you feel this is the case. We recommend that children in Year 6 do not spend longer than 45 minutes – 1 hr in any one homework session.
Please encourage your child to take pride in the good presentation of their homework.
Quick Homework Links
Oak National Academy – an online classroom, backed by the Government, offering free access to videos, lessons, quizzes and worksheets.