Sports Premium Grant
Sports Premium Funding
At Our Lady of Lourdes, we think that every child should be inspired to enjoy sport and see the benefits of healthy lifestyles on both physical and mental wellbeing. Brighton is a vibrant, sporting city and we enjoy making the most of all the opportunities this brings both in terms of sports participation, competition and leadership. The Government began the Sports Premium Funding following the London Olympic Games, striving to secure a significant and lasting legacy from the games, and to develop children’s enjoyment of sport and physical activity from an early age. This additional funding is given to schools to provide high quality P.E. and sports provision.
We use the funding we receive to focus on the five key indicators as outlined by the Government and provide additional opportunities for our children to enable them to achieve well in these focus areas:
- Key indicator 1: The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Key indicator 2: The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Key indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Key indicator 4: Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Key indicator 5: Increased participation in competitive sport
We complete a Sports Premium Analysis each year, capturing our key achievements to date and areas for future development. We link this directly to the five key indicators as detailed above.